As of April 2013, JobStart has received Ontario government funding from the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration, for the Newcomer Settlement Program, in which you can get assistance to:
- Get settled in your new community
- Find housing, a job or childcare service
- Register your children in school
- Access other programs such as English or French language programs, employment services, skills training and foreign credential assessment
- Get information about provincial or federal government services such as healthcare and social services
- Fill out forms and applications to access government programs and services
- Access interpretation services or have documents translated
- And much more!
These services are open to all newcomers, including permanent residents, Canadian citizens, and refugee claimants.
To find out more or obtain services, call to speak to the NSP Settlement Counsellor at 416-231-2295 ext.6251
or contact us